What is a Miracle League field?
- A Miracle League field is a synthetic turf surface field where people of special needs have the chance to experience the joy of America’s favorite past time (and other sports). Everybody plays and everybody wins!
- The field is specially-equipped for our players and incorporates a cushion synthetic turf which allows wheelchairs and walkers to glide unrestricted. The material also reduces fear of injury from slips and falls.
Who Does the Miracle Sports Complex Benefit?
- The entire community! Obviously, the players, but also their parents, coaches, buddy volunteers and all of the community that comes in contact with the Miracle sports complex benefits. It is a special place with a wonderful mission. We also see the Complex as a magnet to bring people to our community from other areas to watch, volunteer or play.
Where is the Sports Complex? What Facilities are Available?
- In the Community Park of Murrysville.
The Sports Complex includes:
- The Bill Mazeroski baseball field
- The UPMC multipurpose freegame area for basketball soccer and other activities
- fully accessible walking trail
- picnic pavilion,
- playgrounds (future) and
- concession and restroom facility. (future)
Who are the Project Partners and Donors?
- The Rotary Club of Murrysville-Export, the Municipality of Murrysville, the Jack Buncher Foundation, UPMC and Pirates Charities among many others (see the full donor/sponsor list on our website or in the sponsorship kit).